- Lysine is an amino acid, important for a well-balanced diet in animals and humans. It cannot be produced naturally by animals or humans, increasing the appeal for its demand. Microbial fermentation of sugar substrates is one of the methods to obtain lysine.
For Market Research Report on “Lysine Market” Visit -http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/lysine-market
Lysine has a major application in animal feed. Animal feed increases the weight of animals, improving the quality of meat. Thus, the global consumption of meat will have a direct impact on the demand of lysine. It provides an economical benefit for farmers and has less environmental hazards. Decline in the demand of meat on account of swine flu and other viral outbreaks can hamper market growth.
The lysine market is projected to reach a target of USD 6.96 billion by 2020. In 2013, it had accumulated 1923 KT. It expects to reach a volume of 2854.9 kilotons (KT) by 2020, at a 6% growth rate from 2014 to 2020 (forecast phase). Ban of bloodmeal and bonemeal in many regions will favor the market.
Animal feed, pharmaceuticals, food & dietary supplements are the applications of the market. Animal feed was the largest application in 2013. It has an expectant growth rate of 6.2% over the forecast phase. This can be attributed to cost-efficiency as compared to corn and soybean.
Swine/hog and poultry are the end-users of the lysine market. Swine/hog accounted for over 58% of the overall consumption in 2013. It exhibits a growth rate of 6.5% during the forecast phase. The demand for pork in China will sustain the lysine demand.
In Asia Pacific, China was the largest consumer of lysine in 2013. It accounted for 31.2% of the overall demand during the same year. It has a 7% growth rate over the forecast phase. Europe and North America were the second largest consumers of the lysine market. The demand for meat in Argentina and Brazil will propel the lysine demand.
Archer Daniel Midland (ADM), Global Bio-Chem Tech, Cheil Jedang Corporation, and Ajinomoto Ltd., have already occupied 60% of the lysine market. Other market players vying for the remaining 40% are Shandong Shaouguang Juneng Golden Corn Co. Ltd., Evonik Industries, Changchun Dacheng Group, and COFCO Biochemical Co. Ltd.
Information Source: Grand View Research
To request a sample copy of this report, please complete the form below.
To purchase a copy of this report, please contact at
28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
San Francisco, CA 94105
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519